Apply For The Disability Tax Credit With Confidence
We will represent you with understanding, integrity and expertise.
Applying for the Disability Tax Credit can be difficult. Dealing with the forms, your doctor and the Canada Revenue Agency at the same time that you are dealing with an illness or injury can be quite overwhelming. We recognize that pain, fatigue and worry can stop you from starting the application process on your own.
You may have tried to apply for the Disability Tax Credit before and were denied and cannot bear the thought of trying again. As your advisors we will guide you through the process and remove the burden of dealing with all of the details of the application. We know the process thoroughly and will be there to assist you every step of the way.
1. We listen first by beginning with a one-on-one consultation. You deserve to be listened to and we take the time to fully understand your situation and how you are affected in your day to day life.
2. Based on our thorough consultation we will provide you with a customized “effects of impairment” document to assist your doctor in completing the disability tax credit certificate (T2201).
3. We will determine how to best maximize the Disability Tax Credit's benefit to you and submit the applicable paperwork for you.
4. We will determine if there are any caregiver tax credits that should be claimed.
5. We will review the completed T2201 to ensure that the form is ready to be submitted to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). If needed we will bring any errors or omissions to your doctors attention.
6. We will review your past income tax returns to determine what you could receive in tax refunds.
7. We will represent you on all matters concerning your application and monitor the file’s progress with the CRA.
8. We will guide you and your doctor through the second, often misunderstood portion of the application process – the Clarification Response Questionnaire.
9. If your application has been denied we will determine the reason for the denial and prepare for you either a re-application, reconsideration or an appeal.
10. Once you have been approved we will review your tax reassessment notices to ensure that all credits have been applied correctly.
11. We will provide you with clear instructions for the claiming of credits on future income tax returns.
If you feel that you or someone you know may benefit from this tax credit please do not hesitate to contact us. There are no upfront fees or costs to you so there is nothing to lose in exploring whether or not we can assist you.
Coral Hetherington & Brad Hodson, Disability Tax Credit Advisors
WE TAKE YOUR PRIVACY SERIOUSLY
You may have some questions or concerns as to whether or not there are any negative repercussions to applying for the Disability Tax Credit, we hope to provide some insight into this topic.
In Canada, medical information is protected by the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA). The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) approves Disability Tax Credit applications based on information provided by your doctor, psychologist/psychiatrist, etc. This information and the reason for approval of the Disability Tax Credit is protected and not shared. Current and future employers will not have access to this information.
Once you are approved you will not need to provide any information regarding the nature of your disability to claim this credit on your annual income tax return.
In addition, as your Disability Tax Credit advisor we are bound by the same level of confidentiality. We cannot and will not share your personal information with anyone.